Saturday, May 10, 2008

Website Review

I am supposed to view Allie's site but can't seem to see any page besides the home page. So, I randomly selected to review Mike's website since I will be out of town for the rest of the weekend.

1. Consistancy of design from page to page works well. The navigation bar on the left is very consistent which helps the view to navigate through the pages. The concept of the contact sheets helps the viewer understand that it is a photography website.

2. The navigation throughout the pages works well. The scroll on the right is a little distracting because you actually have to use it to view the whole picture (at least on my computer) and it takes away from the images.

3. Use of imagery: I like the choice of imagery and using his own pictures as the thumbnails for each page, I think that works well and entices the viewers.

4. The use of color is nice. The black background works with the images. The text might be too large, I would maybe make it a size or to smaller. It tends to be too distracting with the page.

5. I really enjoy the setup of the pages, the introduction to the project, then hitting enter, and then seeing the pictures.

6. I like his bio page. It does not look last minute and explains just enough information about him.

No comments: