Monday, March 24, 2008

Project 1

After having had my first project critiqued, I feel that I've gained pretty good insight into how my project could have been improved. I was happy with the finished result in terms of quality of print. The printing quality was acceptable, and although the mounting wasn't the cleanest I was proud for having only done it this time. Though some of the class felt differently I still stand by my choice of the center shot as the most successful on its own, and I feel so-so on the assignment as a series.
One of my favorite parts of the project was the consistency; it is not cluttered with too much information to understand, and it does not necessitate anything more than itself. With or without a title, a text, or a verbal explanation, the project gives the same message, and I think that to some degree it is impressive that the pictures could stand their own ground independent of anything else.
My least favorite part of the project is definitely the lack of a purpose and a distinct message. Normally I find myself excited for a project based on the concept instead of the context but these pictures were unfortunately nothing more than pictures. This is something I plan on improving with the next project.
m i k e y s m i t h

No comments: