Monday, March 24, 2008

Project 1 Assessment

Over-all, I was incredibly pleased with the outcome of my first photograph project. Having never taken a photography course before, I think that my series was well-composed, with satisfactory lighting and attention to each shot's composition. Something I could have worked on was playing with the lighting and effects, something I'm not too familiar with, instead of settling for what I had although I loved the three shots I chose.

Another aspect of this project that made me proud was the time I put into it, and how much of myself as well. I interviewed and really got to know four T/W workers, and it went beyond the ten or so questions that I had previously thought up to ask them. Whenever I go downstairs, I'm greeted by hugs and conversation, and I think it's so beautiful to be able to connect with people and recognize that there's more to someone than their work uniform and what they can provide for you. Last week, I made an 8x11 print of my four best shots, one of each worker. Then, I purchased beautiful black wooden frames with a red inner border, which complimented the black and whites nicely. When I gave them to them wrapped, they were so excited, and the genuine happiness they felt was so graitifying for me.

No comments: