Monday, March 24, 2008

Project 1 Assessment

Project 1 was a great experience for me. My images were meant to be my social commentary on a specific issue that is very near to me, but the fact that I involved my own children in it made it even more fulfilling.
I learned a lot about my camera, composition and lighting in the first weeks of shooting, but I think there's a lot more to learn. If I could go back and redo this series, I would know to pay more attention to the way that I hold the camera.(Landscape/Portrait).
This project helped to prepare me for the upcoming projects by teaching me little things to keep in mind while shooting. Primarily, I have to ALWAYS check my camera settings!! I lost a lot of great photos because I didn't check the shutter settings. A whole day of shooting resulted in slightly blurred images.
I think I was able to convey a certain message, but I know that I can do it better given more time.

No comments: