Monday, March 24, 2008

project 1 assesment

I had allot of fun working on this assignment. Even though there are many aspects I'm not visually or conceptually happy with I learned allot. I truly enjoyed meeting the people I photographed and gaining a better understanding of who inhabits Ewing past 12:00 at night.

Unfortunately I made many mistakes in my work. First, I thought I would be all fancy and took my bigger lens. This was the worst idea ever! Everything I attempted to photograph couldn't fit inside the frame. I ended up standing awkwardly far distances away from things or taking close up pictures. This technical issue greatly effected the pictures I took. Second, I did not pay attention to whether I was taking the photo vertically or horizontally. Because of this I had trouble finding 3 cohesive images for the final display. I feel there was too much going on and I did not get my idea across the way I hoped to. The third glaring mistake was that I didn't know Staples wouldn't be able to print images taken in RAW. Due to time constraints and poor planning I ended up printing on my home printer. The quality of the final photographs seemed cheap.

On the positive side, I did take a couple pictures that I am very proud of and I'm much more prepared for the second project .

No comments: