Sunday, April 13, 2008

Project 3- Home

For project three I will explore home as a casing. I have decided to photograph a group of things that people live inside... bed, clothing, car, house and skin. I want to include two groups in my series. One will contain things that are new and fresh looking. The opposing group will be of things that are old and decrepit.
My goal is to create an assumption in the viewer when they look at the images as a whole. Each image, of something that acts as a shell, will not show what is inside. I am trying to create a commentary on modern values in America.
Most of our country has the financial ability to make choices about what color mulch to use in their front lawn, what molding to use around their windows and which shoes wear with their dark jeans (the list goes on). In many other places life is lived to survive and not to create any specific lifestyle or image.
The content of each casing becomes secondary to the exterior. I wonder if this mentality carries over into other aspects of our life, such as, presidential candidates. Is the image of a politician more valued then there policies and principles?
Home is the ultimate casing, the ultimate exterior. So much goes on inside a house that is never seen, but, your neighbors always think they know you

No comments: