Monday, April 28, 2008

Political Response

Just realized that I never put this on the blog!

Although my family was not to interested in many political events, there are a few that I remember like they were yesterday.

September 11th..
I clearly remember sitting in art class where we listened to the radio, and being one of the first students to here the devastating news. Minutes later, the principle came over the intercom and explained what had happened. Then, we went into the gymnasium and watched the news and events on television. It was a horrible experience ad something that I will remember forever. Not even knowing anyone who was in New York that day, I could feel nothing but sadness towards the victims and our country.

The OJ Simpson Trial..
Being a huge football fan, I was always interested in things that surrounded players lives. This trial happened when I was pretty young, but I still remember being glued to the television with my mother yelling at me to turn it off. She was so angry because she truly believed and still believes that he is guilty and said I was wasting my time by watching it. In my own opinion, I still think he is guilty and cannot believe that he was set free.

When I was younger, political events did not seem as important to me as they do now but I realize that they did have an impact on my opinions, decisions, and ideas of the world as it is today.

No comments: